Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Brian's Hope to Walk Classic--GREAT Success!

Just wanted to let you all know that today's golf tournament, the brainchild of the superhero, Dave McGee, (with the help of his many lovely assistants) was such a great success.

The kids and I were able to hang out there for a good three hours today and everything was amazing:

The golf course is really up & coming,
The auction memorabilia & tournament prizes had about anything and everything sports has to offer,
The pro-bono photographer was snapping some great shots,
The food from here & here was so, so good (Owen dropped his goldfish in favor of the real stuff quick once he got a taste of that fried flounder & the pasta was great--we can't wait to go use our goodie bag gift card to check out more of the Ruckus menu), and
The support--of sponsors, volunteers, tournament participants, and an awesome turnout of "Who's Who" in athletics--was so much fun.  Everyone was great--it was so nice meeting, seeing, and talking with so many of you.

Oh, how I could go on.

I even hear Brian gave a speech...hating I missed that one (but my husband kindly sent me the action shot below as proof, which I am kindly passing on to all of you).

Anyway, I'm sure we'll have some more posts soon with additional details but for those who may be wondering--it was an awesome event.

Thanks so, so much to all of you who made this amazing fund raising event (Over $25,000 raised to help Brian continue his physical therapy journey!) possible, especially you, Dave!


Brian saying thanks at the NTAF Hope to Walk Classic.

Thank you all so much for what you did today for my brother.  Your generosity is overwhelming.

We hope to see you all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment